Using Hand Range Visualizer to analyze population tendencies

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Using Hand Range Visualizer to analyze population tendencies

Postby ElHive » Tue May 13, 2025 9:39 am

Is there a way to use the Holdem Hand Range Visualizer in the Statistics-Tab to display hands that the population plays in a certain spot?

For example I want to analyze the hands people 3bet allin vs a UTG open for an effective stacksize of around 15BB, let's say 14BB to 16BB effective.

Is this possible?

If not how would I do that most effective?
ElHive
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Using Hand Range Visualizer to analyze population tenden

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue May 13, 2025 12:45 pm

That's not possible using the Holdem Hand Range Visualizer report. If you want to see the hole cards from this spot for the population you can create an 'All Players' report in 'My Reports', remove the 'Player' stat and add 'Hole Cards' in its place. Add the simple filter NOT (Player is Hero) and any other filters/stats you want and you'll see the overall population's range of hands shown down:

Guide: Creating My Reports
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Using Hand Range Visualizer to analyze population tenden

Postby ElHive » Thu May 15, 2025 9:10 am

So I added the NOT (Player is Hero) Filter to the report and then want to use a quickfilter to filter for stackdepth, positions, etc.

So now I want to filter for

- 25 - 40BB effective Stacksize between the 2 involved players
- BU opens
- SB 3bets
- Hand went to SD
- exclude obvious value kombos
- SB did not shove preflop

So I tried it like this

https://i.imgur.com/zLyGPZT.png

But I figure I have some incorrect filters applied since I get these results with a lot of hands without a hand value:

https://i.imgur.com/1fpXGB6.png

Could you please tell me where I went wrong?

EDIT: I don't know why the screenshots are not showing. I deleted the img-tag
ElHive
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Using Hand Range Visualizer to analyze population tenden

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 16, 2025 6:47 am

ElHive wrote:But I figure I have some incorrect filters applied since I get these results with a lot of hands without a hand value:

The only filters you are using that are player specific are for effective stack, hole cards and not raising all-in. There are two showdown filters in PokerTracker 4 - one is for the player going to showdown in 'Actions & Opportunities -> River' and the other is for the hand going to showdown in 'Hand Details' and you are using the hand going to showdown filter. Also you are not using a filter for the players actual position (just filters for the aggressors in the hand) so if you only want to see the hole cards of the small blind you should add a specific player filter for their position otherwise the hole cards will include hands from any other player reaching showdown. Please note that it's not possible to filter for the effective stack between the BTN and SB. The effective stack for each player is determined at their first action in the hand and it's the amount a player could potentially lose in a pot so the BB and/or any limpers can influence the preflop effective stack of the SB.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Using Hand Range Visualizer to analyze population tenden

Postby SolvingLivePoker » Sun May 18, 2025 5:06 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:That's not possible using the Holdem Hand Range Visualizer report. If you want to see the hole cards from this spot for the population you can create an 'All Players' report in 'My Reports', remove the 'Player' stat and add 'Hole Cards' in its place. Add the simple filter NOT (Player is Hero) and any other filters/stats you want and you'll see the overall population's range of hands shown down:

Guide: Creating My Reports



Once we have the report showing the opponent's hold cards, is there a way to take this data and either inside PT4, or via exporting that will show the hands in the range visualizer or a third party range chart?


It's much easier for some of use to look at a range chart to see what kind of range the population is using in the filtered spot.


Thanks
SolvingLivePoker
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:40 am

Re: Using Hand Range Visualizer to analyze population tenden

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 19, 2025 6:34 am

SolvingLivePoker wrote:Once we have the report showing the opponent's hold cards, is there a way to take this data and either inside PT4, or via exporting that will show the hands in the range visualizer or a third party range chart?

Unfortunately I don't know of a method to achieve that.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests