Page 1 of 1
Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:24 am
by zubs1aa
Hi-
I've got PT3 and am considering PT Omaha as Im playni a lot more omaha.
However, I often am playin NLHE and Omaha at the same time.
Can PT3 and PTO be run concurrently? Or does this screw things up?
Thanks!
Re: Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:13 am
by ptrack mike
Yes, they can run at the same time.
Re: Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:22 am
by zubs1aa
OK cool.
my pt3 is on a postgres db.
I assume I should also make my PTO a postgres db also?
Are there any performance issues i should consider in configuring this since I'd have both running at the same time? Should the PTO DB be on another drive perhaps? etc etc.
- That begs teh question, Im running 8.3.7 IIRC for PT3. does PTO run on that? I dont want to have 2 diff installs of postgre - I tried that b4 while demoing PT3 and it was a failed experiment (had tried 8.2 at same tiem for PT2....etc)
Re: Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:17 am
by ptrack mike
That begs teh question, Im running 8.3.7 IIRC for PT3. does PTO run on that?
I don't even know what means. I only support PTO and PTS. I know you can use the same PostgreSQL database for PTO as you have for PT3. There is a lot of discussion on this forum about setting that up, performance, etc. If you have specific configuration questions for PTO let me know.
Re: Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:42 am
by zubs1aa
OK I guess I wasnt clear.
What is the most up to date version of postrgres sql that PT Omaha awill run on.
I know that PT2 runs on a lower version then does PT3. SQL 8.2x vs 8.3x for PT3 if i remember right.
DOes PT Omaha have the same problem?
Re: Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:05 am
by ptrack mike
I know PTO runs well on PostgreSQL 8.2, but people are able to set up PTO to run with 8.3. You just might need to tweak some things. I would install 8.2 and see how that performs. Then if you want to try 8.3 you can. It won't hurt anything.
Re: Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:11 pm
by zubs1aa
ptrack mike wrote:I know PTO runs well on PostgreSQL 8.2, but people are able to set up PTO to run with 8.3. You just might need to tweak some things. I would install 8.2 and see how that performs. Then if you want to try 8.3 you can. It won't hurt anything.
I'm already on 8.3 for PT3 and DON't want to install 8.2 at all - I tried that once before as a dual install and it f'd things up.
SO what needs the tweakling so that 8.3 works? (There should be a sticky or an FAQ for this but I don't see one.)
Re: Can PT# and PT OMaha be run at same time?

Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:53 pm
by ptrack mike
Here is what I've given people in the past to help them if they have issues especially when setting up PostgreSQL in PTO with the ODBC Entry To Use dropdown is blank:
archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=24880