Page 1 of 1

Postgres installed but error connecting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:59 pm
by rossdisco
I have installed postgres as instructed, but when i try to convert my database i get the error message saying that there is an error connecting.

The message is saying that connection is refused(0x0000274D/10061). Then asks is the server running on local host and if it is accepting connections on port 5402.

Continued.....

I have made sure the service has been started which i think was the first problem, however now when i try to convert it says error connecting to the hand history database, with the message " 0 - Transaction already connected"

Any ideas??

Thanks

Re: Postgres installed but error connecting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:20 pm
by ptrack pat
Restart the computer and try it again.

Re: Postgres installed but error connecting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:46 pm
by rossdisco
Yep just tried that one - Now its back to the original error message. Any more ideas??

Should i try changing the port number or maybe reinstall with a different username?

Cheers

Re: Postgres installed but error connecting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:50 pm
by rossdisco
Sorry I am stupid - I've just checked the settings again and the port number was wrong.

Ignore me please!

Cheers