Page 1 of 1

Regional settings do not reset when I quit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:19 pm
by Andersson
Pokertracker is set to change the regional settings when it starts, and reset them when it quits. This does not always work. Sometimes I have to quit and launch it again to get the change. But most of the time the problem is when I quit PT, the regional settings are not reset to the correct settings. I have to launch and quit PT again.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

A related, but off-topic question: will PT3 require the same work-around, changing system settings? If not, then I can live with this for a few more months. :-D

Win XP/PT 2.17.02

Re: Regional settings do not reset when I quit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:28 pm
by ptrack pat
Are you running more than one instance of PT at the same time??

There is no way you could restart PT and then it would change the settings back because if PT opens and the settings are already set to English/US then it doesn't do anything when the program closes. So starting/closing PT would have no affect at all in that case, the settings would still be English/US.

What is sounds like is that 2 instances of PT may be running. And when you close the second instance, it changes the settings back to what they should be.

I believe PT3 doesn't require the settings to be changed but you would have to ask that on the PT3 forums to know for sure.

Re: Regional settings do not reset when I quit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:27 am
by Andersson
Thanks, that might be the problem. I'll have a look next time.