Page 1 of 1
Freeze/hang/major lag every 15 minutes

Posted:
Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:35 pm
by abishagenaden
I never had this problem, before, but recently, my system has been experiencing major freezing/lag every 15 minutes (6-tabling and above) when I run the following:
1) UB
2) Ultimate history
3) GT+
4) PT v2.17.01h
I've turned off auto-rate players, made sure my stats are not being included in auto-rate, made sure my stats are not being used in GT+, full compressed+analyzed my postSQL database, defragged my computer, run CCleaner, made sure my processed HHs are moved to a different folder (share same parent folder though) and none of them seem to make a difference. Basically every 15 minutes, I notice things starting to slow down, and that Ultimatebet.exe takes up at least 30% of the CPU, and the GT executable takes up 25-30%. They probably do go higher than that, but I can't tell since everything freezes completely at some point. I can't do anything (not even kill tasks), but just wait it out (another 15 minutes or so) until everything unfreezes.
Anyone know what the deal is? Things are just completely unplayable right now. Pat?
Re: Freeze/hang/major lag every 15 minutes

Posted:
Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:44 pm
by ptrack pat
Why are you using both GT+ and UltimateHistory? GT+ has the same functionality in it to get the UB hand histories.
Try just using GT+ to do this.
If that is still a problem then try running UB, PT and UH but not GT+ to see if that is the issue.
Re: Freeze/hang/major lag every 15 minutes

Posted:
Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:57 pm
by abishagenaden
This is what I just tried --
[bqri]1) UB + PT + GT+[/bqri]
Results: Still froze after approx 20 minutes
[bqri]2) UB + PT + UH[/bqri]
Results: Still froze after approx 20 minutes
[bqri]3) UB + PT + UH + GT+[/bqri]
I did this after I realized that my GT+ was set to copy HHs to the same folder as UH and disabled that setting (in GT+) altogether. I ran both UH and GT+, because if I just ran UH I wouldn't get any overlay/HUD.
Results: Still froze (massively) after approx 20 minutes.
Any ideas?
Re: Freeze/hang/major lag every 15 minutes

Posted:
Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:50 pm
by ptrack pat
How about running UB + UH or UB + GT+ having it capture you hands while playing leaving PT out of the equation all together.
Does it still have the freezing issue?
Have you installed or updated any firewall or anti-virus programs since this started happening? Have you made any changes to the computer before this just started?
Re: Freeze/hang/major lag every 15 minutes

Posted:
Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 pm
by abishagenaden
[biov]How about running UB + UH or UB + GT+ having it capture you hands while playing leaving PT out of the equation all together.
Does it still have the freezing issue?[/biov]
Just tried both -- no freezing when there's no PT.
[biov]Have you installed or updated any firewall or anti-virus programs since this started happening? Have you made any changes to the computer before this just started?[/biov] Not that I know of.
Not sure if it helps, but I noticed that besides Ultimatebet.exe and gametime.exe hogging 50-60% of CPU usage, when I'm 9 tabling, for e.g., there are 10 postgres.exe processes, and at any one time, 3-4 of them are using 30-50 % of the CPU.
Re: Freeze/hang/major lag every 15 minutes

Posted:
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:15 am
by ptrack pat
When you say with PT running that it freezes the computer every 15 minutes...is that because on the UB auto-import window you have the timer set to run every 15 minutes, or do you have it set to run every minute and that it works OK for a while and then it starts doing this?
Also, you say it's only doing this once you open more than 6 tables? It works OK with less tables?
Are you using the waiting list feature to get onto tables? Do you think this freezing might have anything to do with a waiting list window opening telling you a table is ready for you to sit down at and that's when the freeze happens?
Do you recall UB having a new update that you needed to download before this started happening?
Re: Freeze/hang/major lag every 15 minutes

Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:00 am
by abishagenaden
Problem solved, I think.
Forget software, this was a hardware issue. Since I was moving things around in my study, I had temporarily relocated my laptop from my flat table surface to on top of a semi-hard cushion thing, which unbeknownst to me, was restricting ventilation in and out of the machine. The 2 instances during my testing when freezing did not occur, was when I was at a different location (laptop on a flat table). I can have a good laugh about it now, but boy is there nothing worse than not knowing what is causing a tilt-inducing problem. Thanks for your help, Pat!