Page 1 of 1

My iPoker database has dissapeared!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:16 pm
by billznik
I open PT and PAHUD today and noticed that my database of about 10k hands was no longer there. I checked the files and did not see the big database file that is usually there. I didn't make any changes to the program or download any patches before this. It seems to have simply dissapeared. On another note, PAHUD seemed to startup like it was the first time it had been used. What could be the problem here?

Re: My iPoker database has dissapeared!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:00 pm
by chadman
Mine i cannot find also. I loaded pt3 and under the player column it just says loading and never comes up. tried rebooting and still nothing. my database is not that large. 300 hands tops

Re: My iPoker database has dissapeared!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:49 pm
by cjpoker22
My Ft database disappeared too. My ace hud isn't reading anything either. Did you get a message about c/programfiles/poker tracker etc. I got that message this evening and haven't been working since. I played as recently as 4pm pst and everything worked fine. I bet it has to do with the reregistering the pt or something.

Re: My iPoker database has dissapeared!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:47 am
by ptrack pat
Are you using Vista? If so, are you running the program as administrator every time? Does Vista prompt you to cancel/allow PT to run.

Is the entry not for this iPoker database listed on the File > Maintain Database Names window?

Re: My iPoker database has dissapeared!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:20 pm
by billznik
The first time I ran PT I did it as "administrator" but after that I just opened it normally and everything worked fine. But yesterday I opened PT and none of my stats were there. When I go to "maintain database names" I see "My First Poker Tracker Database" but the database file doesn't have any hands in it.

Re: My iPoker database has dissapeared!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:08 pm
by ptrack pat
You are supposed to be running PT as administrator every time you open it on Vista. If Vista doesn't prompt you to cancel/allow PT to run then it's not running as admin. Is Vista now prompting you to allow PT run when you try to start it?

Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder.

Is there a ptrack.mdb and/or a ptrack_backup.mdb file there? If so, what are the sizes/date-times on these files?

Now click on the Compatibility Files link/button. Are there any MDB files in this folder? If so, what are the sizes/date-times on them as well.