Page 1 of 2

Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:41 pm
by APerfect10
Typically when we need more information to troubleshoot a problem, we will ask you to enable logging and send us the log file. This tutorial was designed to be a reference for those situations.

If You Can Open PokerAce Hud
  1. Please close any poker clients that may be running.
  2. Start PokerAce Hud (PAH).
  3. Enable logging, Options->Preferences->General, check "Enable Logging".
  4. Restart PAH so that the logging can take effect and create the log file.
  5. Open up your poker client and open up a single table (unless if trouble only occurs with more then one table)
  6. Play approximately 30+ hand or until the problem/error occurs.
  7. A PAHud.log file will be created in your main PokerAce Hud directory.
    • Note: For Englsh computers this typically is C:\Program Files\PokerAce Hud\.
    • Note: If you do not have extensions enabled in Windows, it may only appear as PAHud (text document).
  8. Use PokerAce Support to contact us and attach the PAHud.log file.
    • Note: Please reference the thread where you were requested to enable logging in the support message to us.
If You Can NOT Open PokerAce Hud
  1. Please close any poker clients that may be running.
  2. Open "My Computer".
  3. Browse to your main PokerAce Hud directory then go Data/Config.
  4. Open "PAHud.cfg" in Notepad.
  5. Change the line "Logging=N" to "Logging=Y".
  6. File->Save.
  7. Start PokerAce Hud and when the problem/error occurs.
  8. A PAHud.log file will be created in your main PokerAce Hud directory.
    • Note: For Englsh computers this typically is C:\Program Files\PokerAce Hud\.
    • Note: If you do not have extensions enabled in Windows, it may only appear as PAHud (text document).
  9. Use PokerAce Support to contact us and attach the PAHud.log file.
    • Note: Please reference the thread where you were requested to enable logging in the support message to us.
Vista users: No log file created? If running Microsoft Vista and no log file is being created please see Tutorial: Vista-How to Disable 'User Account Control' (UAC)

Best regards,

APerfect10

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:21 pm
by drnorman
I could not enter preferences in HUD so I went to my computer and tried to change logging N to logging Y in HUD and the system stopped me while I was making the change using Notepad. So I can't send you any logs. What next?

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:41 am
by APerfect10
drnorman wrote:I could not enter preferences in HUD so I went to my computer and tried to change logging N to logging Y in HUD and the system stopped me while I was making the change using Notepad. So I can't send you any logs. What next?


Go Start->Run, 'msconfig' OK to open your System Configuration window. Under the 'Boot' tab, select 'Safe boot' and 'Network'. Apply->OK. Boot into safe mode. In safe mode, completely uninstall PokerAce Hud making sure that the main PokerAce Hud directory is removed.

Tutorial: How to Manually Uninstall PokerAce Hud

While still in safe mode, reinstall PokerAce Hud.

Boot back into normal mode by repeating the above steps but this time unchecking 'Safe boot'.

This should resolve the problem (and may resolve your other problem as well). :)

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:05 am
by alushi6
hello!
ive got a problem. i cant see the popups with all the certain stats of the player and when i open PAH it shows "unable to update cahe. an exeption has occured"
can someone held me please??
thx, alushi

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:14 am
by WhiteRider
Have a look at this topic, see if that helps:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2373

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:13 pm
by jhgenevay
Hello,

I have a problem to create a log file.
I do exactly what is explain till number 6. But I don't know what is a log file and I don't know where it can be.
When I look in C:\Programme Files\PokerAce Hud, there is a document Texte. Is it what you need ?

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:21 pm
by WhiteRider
Yes, that could be it - if you have file extensions turned off in Windows then the file might look like:
PAHud (Text Document)

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:51 pm
by jhgenevay
Hello,

I can't send you the PAHud.log file using the link "Poker Ace Support". So, I send you by mail at Poker Tracker Support.
I hope you could analyze it.
Best regards.

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:10 am
by WhiteRider
Your email won't go to the correct people - please click here to create a support ticket.

Have a look at the Tutorial: Submitting a Bug Report - this refers to PT3, but the support system is exactly the same for PAH except the location of the log files.

Re: Tutorial: How to Create a Log File

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:15 am
by jhgenevay
I am sorry but I can't send a PAHud.log file because it is too big: more than 8 Mo. I just can send it by mail. Can you give me an email where I could send it?
Best regards.