Page 1 of 1
Importing PT2 db

Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:05 pm
by jester
Not played in awhile and have a significant PT2 db that I would like to use for hand analysis. Since there is not any PT on my PC, should I install PT2 then upgrade, or will there be an import option in PT3?
Re: Importing PT2 db

Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:56 pm
by kraada
Do you have the original hands from the PT2 database?
Re: Importing PT2 db

Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:40 pm
by jester
Do you mean the actual hand histories or the hhcopy.mdb?
I also have a few ptrack*_backup.mdb files as well as the native ptrack*.mdb. Will any of these work?
Re: Importing PT2 db

Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:27 pm
by kraada
I meant the actual .txt files; to get data from a PT2 access database to PT3 you have two options, both of which require installing PT2 first.
Once PT2 is installed and the hands are loaded up, you can either export the hands in .txt format (Utilities --> Export Hand History to File...) or convert the Access database to PostgreSQL, then use the PT3 conversion tool.
Re: Importing PT2 db

Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:46 pm
by jester
Thanks for you help.
Is there an easy way to convert the db, I have quite a few hands?
Also where can I find a download of PT2?
Re: Importing PT2 db

Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:50 pm
by kraada
If you have a PT2 PostgreSQL database, in PT3 you can click Database --> Convert --> PokerTracker v2 Database... and PT3 will take care of the rest.
You can download PT2
here.