custom stat sizing

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

custom stat sizing

Postby Jax9 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 pm

I have been expierementing with the values people bet on the flop.

When I type the expression into reports holdem cash hand... (holdem_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_facing_pct = 50), it returns only hands in which the active player faced a pot sized bet. IE there is 100 in the pot and the villian bets 100. I do not understand at all why this is the case.

My question is, if I want the expression to return all hands in which active player faced a half pot bet, what do I type? Is there a guide that explains this aspect of the custom stats?

Thank you.
Jax9
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: custom stat sizing

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:43 am

That value is the percentage of the pot you need to call to continue.

So if the player bets 100 into a pot of 100 the pot is now 200 and you need to call 100 to call - 100 / 200 = .50.

If you want to see the time you faced a bet of 50 into a pot of 100 it would be 50 / 150 = 1/3.

I understand that this is a little counterintuitive but once you get used to it converting the numbers you're used to into the numbers PT uses gets a lot easier.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests