11 postgres.exe processes?

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

11 postgres.exe processes?

Postby cohplacebo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Is this normal to have 11 postgres.exe processes? It seems like a bit much, if not is there a way I can knock it down to one? Even after I close PT 3 there are still 6 postgres.exe processes running in the background clogging up resources.

[urllo1]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4348/processesrp8.jpg[/urllo1]
cohplacebo
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: 11 postgres.exe processes?

Postby APerfect10 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:28 am

This is standard. By default, PostgreSQL uses 6 different processes and a new process is created for each connection. This is one of the reasons that PostgreSQL is able to achieve better performance over a standalone database such as Access or SQLite.

There is no way to eliminate this. Each postgres.exe process while idle only uses approximately 3MB of memory which is minimal and I would hope would not consume all of your free system resources. I would not worry about it...

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: 11 postgres.exe processes?

Postby cohplacebo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:36 am

I see, that's fine since it is standard. It just seemed a bit suspicious, thanks for clearing it up.
cohplacebo
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:07 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests