Page 1 of 1

Help please

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:18 am
by dplick28
I just attempted to download the beta version and am having issues with installing it. I am downloading the postgreSQL version

The message I get is this: failed to create a directory
And then it stops installing and says rolling back action.

I already looked at other threads and made sure that my secondary login was started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Help please

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:24 am
by dplick28
[urlzaf]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4438/47471107rf0.png[/urlzaf]
that is what i am getting

Re: Help please

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:12 pm
by WhiteRider
Are you using Vista (or what O/S?). If so, are you running as Admin?
Did you have a version of postgres already installed?

Re: Help please

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:18 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="dplick28"w7p]I just attempted to download the beta version and am having issues with installing it. I am downloading the postgreSQL version

The message I get is this: failed to create a directory
And then it stops installing and says rolling back action.

I already looked at other threads and made sure that my secondary login was started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks[/quotew7p]

Delete your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL directory so that it is no longer existent.

Also go Start->Run, 'cmd', OK. Type the following in the command line:
[codew7p]net user postgres /delete[/codew7p]

Make sure that you are logged into Windows under an Administrator's account and try reinstalling.

Best regards,

Derek