Page 1 of 1

Postgres 8.3 and PT v2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 am
by auswalk
Does PTv2 work with postgres 8.3?

If so I'm having problems with the install. The old pokertracker forums have been erased and i can't access how to do the postgres install.

thanks

Re: Postgres 8.3 and PT v2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:01 am
by APerfect10
No, PokerTracker 2 does not work with PostgreSQL 8.3. The last supported version is 8.2.6.

FWIW, [url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/archives/PT2/slj]PokerTracker 2 Forum Archives[/urlslj]

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Postgres 8.3 and PT v2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 pm
by ramashiva99
[quote="APerfect10"g2w]No, PokerTracker 2 does not work with PostgreSQL 8.3. The last supported version is 8.2.6.

FWIW, [url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/archives/PT2/g2w]PokerTracker 2 Forum Archives[/urlg2w]

Best regards,

Derek[/quoteg2w]

Actually, according to this post by Pat in the old forum, PostgreSQU 8.3 can be made to work with PT2 --

[urlg2w]http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=24880[/urlg2w]

[quoteg2w]Some users have been having trouble getting PT to work with PostgreSQL 8.3 but it can be done.

When you install v8.3.x of PostgreSQL there is an extra step needed.

After you install 8.3 there is another window that opens called the application stack builder. If you have closed this window, you can open it again using the Start menu > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Application Stack Builder.

On the window that opens, click the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 from the list and click the NEXT button.

On the next window, check the box next to "psqlODBC v08.03...." and click NEXT.

On the next window, select USA from the list of countries and select a mirror (I don't think it matters which) and click NEXT.

From this point, just keep clicking NEXT or FINISH leaving everything else set to the default values until the ODBC Drivers are installed.

Now you should be able to go into Poker Tracker, open the Utilities > PostgreSQL Settings window and choose the appropriate ODBC Entry to Use value from the list (should be PostgreSQL Unicode).
[/quoteg2w]

Re: Postgres 8.3 and PT v2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:12 am
by APerfect10
I am pretty confident that Pat is wrong on this...

I will talk with him and see what we come up with.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Postgres 8.3 and PT v2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:26 pm
by ramashiva99
[quote="APerfect10"un6]I am pretty confident that Pat is wrong on this...

I will talk with him and see what we come up with.

Best regards,

Derek[/quoteun6]

Actually, Pat's procedure works perfectly. Using his instructions, I was able to install PostgreSQL 8.3.1, then create new Full Tilt, PokerStars, and WPEX 8.3.1 databases using my latest 8.2.3 backups.

I am using Windows XP Professional SP2, PT 2.17.01g, PAH 1.19.6 beta, and GT+ 1.5.2.

I did brief test runs on PokerStars using PT and PAH, and on WPEX using PT and GT+. Everything worked perfecty.

The only minor glitch is that every time I use PT to backup and restore databases, I am prompted for the locations of pg_dump.exe and pg_restore.exe. Every time I have to navigate to

Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin

Neither closing and restarting PT nor rebooting fixed this glitch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Postgres 8.3 and PT v2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:41 pm
by APerfect10
You should ask that in the PokerTracker Holdem forum, Pat will be able to provide you a better answer. I doubt there is anything that can be done.

Have you tried creating a new PostgreSQL database using 8.3? I have not been able to get it to work.

Furthermore, I have proof that PT2 is causing problems with PokerAce Hud's caching due to the 8.3 version.

Sure, you can make it work for most things but I will stand by my statement that 8.3 is not supported.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Postgres 8.3 and PT v2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:20 am
by ramashiva99
[quote="APerfect10"d0u]You should ask that in the PokerTracker Holdem forum, Pat will be able to provide you a better answer.
[/quoted0u]

Well, that's where this thread should have been in the first place. Can you move it there so Pat will see it?

[quoted0u]
I doubt there is anything that can be done.
Have you tried creating a new PostgreSQL database using 8.3? I have not been able to get it to work.
[/quoted0u]

Are you aware that you have to first create an Access database, then convert it to PostgreSQL? I just did that with no problem.

[quoted0u]
Furthermore, I have proof that PT2 is causing problems with PokerAce Hud's caching due to the 8.3 version.
[/quoted0u]

PAH cache is buggy, even under 8.2.3. I don't use it.

[quoted0u]
Sure, you can make it work for most things but I will stand by my statement that 8.3 is not supported.
[/quoted0u]

Works fine for me.